For Sale Vibrokeyer + Books: "The Tube Guys" & Microwave Handbook

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KO5V, Apr 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KO5V

KO5V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry for the crummy photos. I need to get a better camera - anything that's shiny seems to drive it nuts.

1.Vibrokeyer ca. 1974, S/N 37667. The key is in good condition, and will work fine as-is, but it needs a thorough cleaning. There are some nicks on the base, and the brass label is starting to lift at the S/N corner.

The chrome is mostly in good shape, but needs to be polished. There is a bit of pitting on the horizontal surfaces of the feet of the main frame.

I replaced the thumb piece with a new part from Vibroplex, but it is a slightly darker red than the knob - and I don't think is made of as nice a plastic as the knob - but it works fine.

I'll remove the thumb and finger pieces, and will make sure the movement can't beat itself up during shipping.

$100.00, including USA shipping, and I will consider a reasonable offer.

2. "The Tube Guys", by Norman H. Pond. I sold one of these a couple of weeks ago. I bought one for my dad as a gift, and one for me. I just found a second one when I went through more of dad's books, so I guess he was too polite to tell me he already had one!

It's a neat book; a history of the vacuum tube, the different technologies, and the companies that sold them. The emphasis is on microwave tubes. Here is a link to Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Tube-Guys-No...The+Tube+Guys&qid=1553450289&s=gateway&sr=8-4

$30.00, including USA media Mail shipping.

3. RSGB/ARRL "International Microwave Handbook", 2nd edition, copyright 2008. Very good condition. ARRL new price is $29.95. $22.00/OBO, shipped.

Payment by PayPal. Please contact me by email at: ("mycall" at arrl dot net). or by PM here.

Thanks. 73, Jim KO5V
    VK1.jpg VK2.jpg VK3.JPG HPIM1019.JPG
    HPIM1020.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. KO5V

The Vibrokeyer's price has been lowered to $90.00 including USA shipping, OBO. Thanks.

3. KO5V

The books have been sold.

Due to the underwhelming response, the Vibrokeyer's price has been lowered again to $80.00, including USA shipping. Thanks.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.