VHF Direction Finding Yagi Beam Antenna for 2-Meter 2m

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KJ6FYX, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
  1. KJ6FYX

KJ6FYX Ham Member QRZ Page

More than 20 available!

For a limited time, I am selling these Yagi's for only $30 shipped to any United States address. That includes the antenna and USPS Priority Mail shipping.

Send payment via PayPal to canyonlakeauctions@yahoo.com

Frequency: 144mhz-147mhz

Gain: 7.3 dBd
    Front-to-Back Ratio: >50 db

Check out this antenna in action! The first video shows when I use the Yagi while standing in my backyard. I make radio contact to a repeater located over 40 miles away even with hills blocking my line-of-sight. The second video shows you a comparison in signal strength when using a stock "rubber duck" antenna instead of the Yagi. Just copy and paste the links below into your web browser and it will direct you to my YouTube videos.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WdEBkP2vbo

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDFg-ncVCxk

This super light weight, portable hand held Yagi / Beam antenna is designed for radio transmitter tracking and high-gain transmitting. Antenna elements easily fold up for easy transportation and storage. This antenna is custom built using strong but light weight PVC pipe, hose clamps, RG-58 coaxial cable, BNC connector, 1" steel tape measure elements and hair-pin matching network for perfect SWR. Coax cable and hair-pin match are soldered directly to the driven elements for best connectivity. This makes it the most efficient, inexpensive portable antenna available. Can be used for transmitter / fox hunts, back packing / camping, contests, search and rescue or any other situation which a high-gain, super light weight yagi / beam antenna is desired. This antenna can be used with any radio, receiver or scanner. Compared to using a stock "rubber duck" antenna with your hand-held radio, this Yagi / Beam antenna will drastically improve your transmitting and receiving signal.

Antenna only, radio in pictures not included. Item will arrive partially assembled due to shipping size requirements. Will require very simple assembly which will only take a minute or two. Antenna will arrive within 3-5 business days, shipping via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box. Please inquire for shipping else where.[SIZE=+0]

[/SIZE]
    Money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied with this antenna, mail it back to me and I will issue a refund for the selling price.
    KJ6FYX Tape Measure Yagi - 6.jpg KJ6FYX Tape Measure Yagi - 5.jpg KJ6FYX Tape Measure Yagi - 3.jpg KJ6FYX Tape Measure Yagi - 1.jpg [​IMG]

2. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm, may get one of those myself :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Save one fer W1YW....on paypal 2nite w/payment:)

Chip W1YW

4. K7OJL

K7OJL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you have any left? I'd like one....

I've sent the payment on paypal.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  5. KJ6FYX

I basically have an unlimited amount of Yagi's. I started building these for local friends around my area until a few of them told me I should put them on the internet. They are awesome little antenna's and I am selling them at such low cost it's hard NOT to buy one! Anyone who makes a payment to me on PayPal (make payment to canyonlakeauctions@yahoo.com) will have one shipped USPS Priority Mail within 3 business days. Thanks for all your business everyone! Please contact KJ6FYX@verizon.net with any questions.

6. KJ6FYX

I would like to say thanks to the individuals who have already made payments through PayPal. For customers who already made a payment and future customers, you will receive USPS tracking information shortly after payment is received through PayPal.

7. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Guest

As per QRZ policy, we must restrict further posting on this item because it is mass produced by the seller. We invite those interested to contact the seller directly, or, check his QRZ Page for further info.

8. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.