ad: Amateur-1

Vertical with buried radials

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by 2W0CSS, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. 2W0CSS

2W0CSS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For what of a better description, what commercial options are available for an antenna which is placed in the ground, with buried radials of it.

Preferably one which can have the vertical piece removed and the base plate left in the ground.

Thanks Karl

2. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Most of them can do that. I have a Butternut now and have had Cushcraft and HyGain, all can be dismounted and leave the radials in place !

3. KE0MD

KE0MD Guest

Get a good radial plate - DX Engineering sells a nice one:

http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID=47&SecID=109&DeptID=32

I got something similar to go with my S9 vertical - so to take down the vertical, I simply have to disconnect one wire, and lift the vertical off the mounting pipe - the radial field stays in place.

Find a good piece of metal, some bolts, ring connectors, and a drill, and you could actually build your own radial plate!

4. KB9MZ

KB9MZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why mess with a ground plain when you can use a full wave length vertical bent back on itself? It does not look any different and all of the wire radiates
    instead of burying half of the antenna into the ground!

5. 2W0CSS

2W0CSS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can someone give me a link to plans for a simple HF vertical with ground radials, any sort of height as long as it can be easily taken down.

6. WA4LZC

WA4LZC Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not sure what you mean by full length vertical bent back on itself :confused: Could you explain please.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.