Verified?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W4FBI, May 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah well ... flat out incorrect? Well ... you can't register verified on it on this site. You have trouble using newer encryption protocols on things like credit card and banking sites. Soon Amazon will be migrating to code that Firefox doesn't support. But sure ... go ahead. Keep thinking backward. Ten years ago Firefox was awesome.

But corps are making deals, and Mozilla wasn't invited. The fact that you are not aware of such things doesn't make Firefox up to date or will be in the future.

2. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy Smokes! I just read the entire posting, (all 5 pages). I'm not sure if I want to attempt the "verification" thing right now.
    Maybe just leave well enough alone???
    Regards, N1UXA - (with no green box under my name..................)

W3ESE and KP4SX like this.
  3. W1GVT

W1GVT Ham Member QRZ Page

Just picking out one of your incorrect statements: A casual search of Firefox and Html5 shows that FF does support Html5. You're still wrong. And, Firefox is a much better supporter of personal privacy than any of the other browsers. (And technically Pale Moon, a Firefox derivative, is better still.) It isn't helping anyone by spreading FUD.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I second that Firefox is no longer the best. It was, But not no more. o_O

5. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I am Verified. ;) I did not think it was hard to do,

but then again, I upgraded to Extra 10 days after passing Tech, and General and failing the Amateur Extra first try.

Your results may be more difficult. ;) Try again! ;)