ad: M2Ant-1

Verified?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W4FBI, May 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hate to be a buzz-kill, but it took me 30 seconds to get "verified".

Now, my NH driver's license - that's a whole other story.

I don't think I'm young enough to see the end of that.....

Jim, WQ2H

3. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

BTW folks ... Firefox is no longer the best browser to use. It doesn't support or work properly with many protocols and codings used on the web now, such as HTML5, the newest Java, and other internet protocols. Their open-source team is fairly slow with updates to modern standards these days. (They have lost a lot of good volunteers lately). Chrome seems to work flawlessly with most things.

This is not a problem with QRZ.com, the problem is using an old outdated browser (or computer) that doesn't keep pace with current protocols. As with most things on computers, most problems lie with user fault or poor user choices and habits.

And no ... QRZ.com cannot make the coding of the site backward compatible. That's not how it works. Using older protocols on a website can cause many problems, lower status and ranking on search engines being just one. I use Chrome ... had no problems at all.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    AJ4GQ and KS4W like this.
  4. W0FW

W0FW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So now that I am "verified" and use double authentication to log in to QRZ....do I still need to post a picture of my callsign when selling items here?

5. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2FA set up easily, however quite frankly I think it is an unnecessary pain.
    Verifying with LoTW never completed and resulted in a QRZ hang. Ever since I now have a strange property in my email.... email asks for LoTW certificate every time I attempt to send an email. I don't understand this at all.
    I've sent QRZ and LoTW screen shots but have not heard anything back yet....it's a holiday weekend.
    I've since deactivated 2FA and decided "VERIFIED" isn't worth the bother.
    Hope I can clear up my email/LoTW problem.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Those who "do it easily" need not be smug.

Many folks have had quite a bit of trouble getting past the "hangs" and errors, not due to their own mis-doings.

I'm no dunce - took me a couple days and multiple browsers and attempts to get it to work. To what value? No idea.

But just cut the "smug"

Doesn't work equally for all. Doesn't make those who "get it to work instantly" be some sort of guru.

Please don't "be that guy" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K9ASE, KG5THG, W3ESE and 2 others like this.
  7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not to mention it's of dubious value other than someone buying and selling a lot here.

W3ESE and WA7PRC like this.
  8. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a cell phone, & Don't use LOTW.
    I don't believe that Da Zed has a right to ask for my Gubmint I.D.
    (They are not a financial, Medical, or Gubmint institution...)
    I'll just have to remain "Certifiable".....

KK4GGL likes this.
  9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

That sez it all. :)

10. W1GVT

W1GVT Ham Member QRZ Page

The statement "Firefox is no longer the best browser to use." may be correct for you but the rest of it is flat-out incorrect.