ad: hrd-2

Verified Member Status?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K5VIP, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

So, us Luddites who do not have text messaging or smart phones will no longer be able to sell in the classifieds?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not true. There are computer programs that do the same thing - I'm sure links will be posted.

Works the same way - you obviously have a computer, right? You use the computer app to retrieve the code. The scammer in Nigeria, even if he hacks your password, will not (we HOPE!) also have possession of your own personal computer - so he cannot retrieve the code.

Sure - smart phones make it easier, but it's not big deal to use the computer app.

I don't know which 2FA services QRZ is using but I'm sure that information will be posted and all who want it will be made aware.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

What question do you have? Your account shows the VERIFIED flag.

4. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not for sure, but it appears to me that they use Google Authenticator to generate 2FA codes .. there are plugins for the major browsers that will generate the codes once setup .. no phone needed

P.S. Glad they are taking this route, I was already only buying from authenticated users anyway, and scrutinizing buyers who were not ...

W7UUU likes this.
  5. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it shows it now, because I got it to work. I manually installed the certificate in my browser. When I followed the steps in the tutorial it did not work.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure that's what I had to do as well.

Dave
    W7UUU

7. AJ4GQ

Got it. Glad it worked. I went through the picture ID process and that seemed to go very smoothly but took a couple of days. Installing the certificate manually like you did takes more computer skills and is faster. Hopefully the tutorial will get updated.

8. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. The Google Authenticator has some needlessly confusing points that make it sound as if adding another approved computer will be somehow difficult. It's as easy as pie.

Glad it's been done.

9. K6UJ

K6UJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried the steps in the tutorial again and it doesn't work. I loaded Firefox just to do this. I normally use Safari wth my mac anyway. I deleted Firefox and now will try to sumit a photo ID. I don't know what photo ID to use. They should give examples of what photo ID's are acceptable.

10. AJ4GQ

What's that green VERIFIED tag by your callsign?