Verified Member Status?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K5VIP, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K5VIP

K5VIP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How does one obtain verified member status?

Barry Priddy - K5VIP

2. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same question. I just finished setting up 2FA.

3. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

From the QRZ home page click on your callsign at the top right, select Account and you'll see the link for verification. You'll need to provide either a LOTW certificate or govt-issued photo ID.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    N1VAU, K7MH, KV6O and 2 others like this.
  5. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. Got it. Do I need to leave the certificate I used stay installed on the computer I used to upload it to QRZ? I only needed to do it, because I couldn't do it from my tablet.

6. KK4YUL

KK4YUL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Dave,

I'm having trouble getting verified.

When I double click on the .p12 file I get the windows as indicated but then I get some windows that the verification process doesn't mention. At the end I get a notice that "No Certificates Were Provided By Your Browser" (I forget the exact verbiage) a certificate. I am using the latest version of LOTW.

Thanks,

Doc

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Doc - that's not something I can help with. Please open a support ticket:

https://ssl.qrz.com/respond - just follow through that link to file a support ticket

Dave
    W7UUU

KK4YUL likes this.
  8. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

I followed the instructions and the same thing happened to me. I had to manually install the certificate into my browser. It's as though a step was missing in those walk through screens. I wish I could tell you exactly how I did it, but I'm away from that computer now.

9. KK4YUL

KK4YUL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mr. D'Alto,

If you figure out or remember how you did it, would you message me or leave it here??

I'm sure a lot of people will be trying to get Verified status between now and 1 July with the new rules on Swapmeet.

Thank you!

Doc

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A decent tutorial is in order both for phone users and computer users!
    I installed the Google app on my phone. I have a QR code from QRZ. How do I "scan' that code into the app...for instance!

W1BR likes this.