ad: vanity

Verified Member Status Requirements

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Buyers who are not ID Verified may view but NOT "post" in a "For Sale" ad thread. They can only either PM or email a seller - but cannot reply in the thread. This applies to "Ham Gear for Sale", "General Merchandise", and "Ham Made Gear"

Buyers who are not ID Verified MAY post in the "Wanted" forum with a want-ad request, as well as the "Swapmeet Talk" forum

Dave
    W7UUU

N4GKS likes this.
  2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Buyers can contact sellers directly, either through PM or by email or phone. To post in the swapmeet, you must be verified.

N4GKS likes this.
  3. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

How on earth did you come up with that data and those statistics ?

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I based my conclusions on a comparison of the for sale ads for the same time periods in the prior two months, a quick evaluation of the flagged ads and the non-compliant response posts, and the number of sellers. The assessment of view counts was a SWAG.

5. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

It always seems to come back to the root cause being the guy in Nigeria. Instead of making everyone's life a little bit harder with each new scam, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just nuke Nigeria?

Just asking... ;)

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

For what it's worth, for those that are struggling to get verification set up, let me share my experience...

I was struggling to get my LotW security to upload. It just would not take. I followed the steps meticulously, but it would not take. Period.

In trying to figure out WTF I was missing, I saw a note somewhere about this thing working better with Google Chrome. I was using Firefox.

Okay, I have Chrome... I tried it. It worked differently, but still failed. Even worse than with Firefox.

Eventually, I tried a third option... Internet Explorer. WTH?... It all but took me by the hand and made me a cup of coacoa. Two click instant success.

Moral of the story... If you're struggling with uploading your LotW token as verification, TRY ANOTHER BROWSER.

I have no idea why one works better than the other, but it worked for me.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  7. KB9KLC

KB9KLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Did the two step thing first, then took a photo of my ID mailed it to them and bam it was done. "Most" people that are on the internet already have way more info floating around out there so I don't understand the big deal. I don't have LOTW and if I did, the internet explorer thing wouldn't have worked cause I don't use windows. Took all of about 10 minutes to do and was approved probably within a couple hours. Seemed pretty simple to me.

W1WWA and AJ4GQ like this.
  8. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use Chrome on Linux and did the LoTW thing no sweat.

9. KB9KLC

KB9KLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad it worked for you. One of the posters above mentioned he couldn't get Chrome to work. Regardless I don't use LOTW so it's a moot point.

10. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure about the reasoning behind this as it exposes the Wanted section to the shady activity we are trying to prevent with verification. Non-verified users can both post new threads and reply to existing ones in Wanted so a hacked account could still be used to perpetrate scams in that section. I'd vote for closing this loophole.

KS4W, KJ4VTH and K3XR like this.