Verified Member Status Requirements

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So sorry that you're having trouble. As of this morning, over 3,700 people have used the LoTW certificate method to get their Verified status. It's working very well on our end. Keep trying, and re-read the instructions if necessary.

73 -fred

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sometimes strange failures are caused by third party ad blockers and pop up blockers, or similar features built in to the browser as options or preferences. Try turning all of those off. Some browsers will let you turn off their built-in blockers for particular sites that you designate, and which are remembered.

3. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have double entry verification for my high-security job, done with a little program that I downloaded to my PC and provided by my employer, that generates the multi-digit one-time I use code every time I log in to the employer's website.

That way, my cell phone isn't involved at all.

In fact, I don't have texting on my cell phone. Period. Intentionally. On purpose.

Why don't you fellows make this an option, for highly security conscious people like me?

4. AA7BQ

We did make it available. Evidently you need to read the preceding replies.

5. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Great! Thanks! So I enter the code, and also try entering the 6 digit code form the google-generated app and here's what I get:

2FA copy.jpg

6. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

HELP!! Trying to get this process started without luck. Had three text messages sent to me and when I entered the code it failed. Yes, three separate attempts. This shouldn't be this complicated.

-ed GET THE APP

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  7. W6SA

W6SA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got verified, seems like at least a couple of weeks ago, and was checking to see if any of my old posts showed me as verified. If this post does not show me as verified, how long does it usually take to show up?

8. KA3TJI

After reading all the posts with people having difficulties and my struggle yesterday, I don't have much confidence in this process. I, hopefully, can get an Admin to help me through the process later. Good luck.

9. KA3TJI

Tried again this morning with all adblock turned off and still no joy. Had to endure a barrage of obnoxious flashing ads and still not accepting my code that was text to me. Come on guys, let's get this working so I can be compliant with the rules. Thanks.

10. AA7BQ

You completed 2-Factor Authentication. That's only the first step to becoming verified. Next, you need to send us your ID, or a valid LoTW signature.