Verified Member Status is now Required

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AA7BQ, Jul 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Pursuant to our announcement last May, the QRZ swapmeet now requires user verification for all for-sale postings. Several articles have been written about this, all appearing in this section, Swapmeet Talk.

Rather than rehash all the details, please see the earlier articles.

73 -fred

XE2VOO and KA2FIR like this.
  2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yahoo!!!!
    Thanks Fred!

3. KK4SIJ

KK4SIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

i enabled my 2fa but i still cant reply to adds??

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Step #1 is 2FA, Step #2 is get Verified. Follow the instructions for Step #2.

5. N8NOE

N8NOE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess I need VERIFIED to Reply to a Current Sale of a hotspot?... WHAT needs Done? What is 2FA? ???

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Or just send a PM ("start a conversation") or use their QRZ-listed email address

Dave
    W7UUU

8. N8FNR

N8FNR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was able to do the 2FA with no problem. Then I followed the TQSL process. It completed with no issues BUT it still said I have insufficient rights to post there. Did it a second time and got the same result. Started a 3rd time and by accident put a new password in the .p12 file and now I can't get in. I know that the ARRL LOTW folks can send me a new file but I have no faith in the QRZ process working as it did not work twice. Really!? Using Chrome BTW.

Oh and by the way when I click on my call sign in the upper right of the QRZ page "account" is NOT there unlike what the instructions tell you to do.

Zack Schindler
    N8FNR

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

ALL applications are hand approved - even TQSL applications (despite what others have said in another thread). The TQSL comes in as an image, and goes into the image queue with the official IDs and such. Upon approval, a paid QRZ member views the image (TQSL snapshot, driver's license, concealed weapons permit, etc.) and either approves or denies the application. TQSL images are the quickest to be approved - but are still done by hand...

Since it's all done by hand, mostly by Fred AA7BQ, there can be up to 2-3 days before the "Verified" is granted.

A couple years ago I did my own TQSL application and it took 3 days before I was approved.

So just give it some time

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ and N8FNR like this.
  10. N8FNR

N8FNR Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh! But it says "this method is processed instantly in most cases".