Vendor Problem - HAPPY ENDING!

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W8KPH, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W8KPH

W8KPH Ham Member QRZ Page

My original posting was on December 13th and was entitled “Vendor Problem”.
    It was a complaint about service received from a supplier of Ham related items such as jackets and hats. I suggest searching the title and see for yourself what the ‘backstory’ is on this subject.

Unfortunately, QRV Imprints never came through for me. I suspect they saw or heard of my original posting as they contacted me again and said they were going to “Do the right thing.”.

They didn’t. Plain and simple.  [​IMG]

After a couple more emails, they never responded again.

So, I went back to K3SAM’s message and sent him an email. Sam’s Dad has got a couple of years on him and wasn’t able to help out, but Sam did suggest I contact someone he knows, Dan – KB7HIN.

Dan and his family run the business “Hotpress T-Shirts” in Sumner, WA.
    So I copied and pasted Sam’s message along with a note from myself and emailed Dan.

The response from Dan was nothing less than phenomenal.  [​IMG]

I explained my situation to Dan, and added that I had bought from a local retailer, a lightweight jacket that fit properly. Dan’s offer was that I send my new jacket out to him and he’d embroider my callsign and name. Also, I was to send the jacket ( the one that didn’t fit ) from QRV out as well and he’d rip out my callsign and name and replace it with that of a fellow ham. What a deal!

So, on my usual morning 2m net with a buddy, Ron – N8KXH, I made my pitch to him about the jacket. Ron and I met and he tried on the 3XL jacket and it fit him fine. Oh, by the way, he’s a 1XL.

Both jackets were sent to Hot Press T-Shirts in Sumner, WA and I had them back in less than a week.

What I received was not only a couple of jackets professionally embroidered, but a couple of bonus items as well.

Talk about service to a fellow Ham!

To quote both Dan and Sam, “It’s appalling to us that one Ham (QRV) would take advantage of a fellow Ham”.

My advice, if you want QUALITY products, PROFFESSIONAL service and someone you’re PROUD to call a friend – call Dan at Hot Press T-Shirts and tell him Kevin sent you!!

I know I'll be sending business their way when I talk to my Radio Club at our next meeting and I'd be happy to help them get some business at our next Hamfest too!

How about you?
    If you want a great product and the best service in the country, call Dan now!

See their website at Hot Press T-Shirts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.