ad: UR5CDX-1

VECs PROPOSE NEW ENTRY LEVEL COMMUNICATOR LICENCE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K3DAV @ May 16 2004,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No.  I just give up arguing with closed, one track minded people, who can't accept the truth as proven 100 times over by the rest of the world.  It's like trying to convince someone that there is no air on the moon.  If I grabbed you by the neck, and put your face within 2 inches of the proof, you would still argue about it.  If you can't accept proven facts, then there's no point to the debate anymore.

If you, or anyone else actually thinks that Ham radio standards and quality have been lowered, then maybe you need a new hobby. But I'm sure you will invent something wrong with that hobby to argue about too.  Your last post makes it obvious that you just like to argue with people.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    :)Yeah, it kinda goes both ways .But I'm reminded it's only a hobby.To me it was something more .Guess I was wrong.

2. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well,,This is where we are supposed to agree to disagree.
    You don't think ham radio will get cheapened, and I do.

My last post it the way I feel ham radio is going. That is the way it looks to me. And I was just putting it into a friendly fight format. Ham radio isn't going to be the same, or as good as it was...It's just the way I think.

I got into ham radio in 1976. Back then, you had to upgrade in a year or you loose your ticket. I think that radio was TWICE the quality then. It isn't REAL bad now, but not as good as then....

People now days don't have the kind of parents like I had, and everyone else in town had. So people aren't raised with the same principals and ethics like everyone else and me were. So I can say that is some of the blame as to why there is a lot more AH on the bands. So you could be right in that sense...

But What I don't understand it,,,Why do more to make it worse.? If all they have to do it take a SIMPLE test, and ~*POOF*~ you're on the air, then get ready for a boatload of undesirables. Ok,,Forget the code. Fine. I'm ok with eliminating the code. But to not test and just hand the ticket to tech's is ludicrous. How are they going to know what is out of band even? or how much power they can use on certain bands of frequencies.?

Eliminate the code, ok,,But keep the test. And make the test harder for people coming in from scratch. Because we need serious minded people in here. Not riff raff.

I like to have a good friendly argument, Yes,,,but all in fun. I'm not mad at you or anything. You just don't know me that good yet.

I'll be the first to defend your right to say anything you want! As long as it isn't something bad about my mother. [​IMG]

3. KC6DKX

KC6DKX Ham Member QRZ Page

Novice, General, and Extra.  Enough said!

We in the Amateur Community, if not careful, will see the hobby disappear to commerical interests.  We are all so lucky to have the great expance of bandwith we have.  If left to the old style of thinking, this great playground we own will disappear.  

The ARRL proposal, if given a chance, will clean up this confused license mess and get the hobby moving.  The VEC's plan is very close to the ARRL's and should not be thought as giving the hobbie away.

We need new thinking, new operators, and loose the "Good Ol Boys" way of doing business.

Remember, "The Fed's Giveth And The Fed's Taketh Away."

Roger  KC6DKX

4. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi wall,,
    Yah, wall, We need to at least make a little harder test for people coming into the hobby. That way more serious minded people will bother taking it. Otherwise, riff raff will be coming in.

And make the tech's take a test before becoming a general so they know something on what HF is about, and at least know what the frequency limits are for general, and other things a person on HF needs to know. Skip the code. That's fine. Forget the code.
    Right wall?......

Right wall.....

Hay wall......

Why aren't you answering me, wall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.