Vanity processing time

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by N5OLA, Mar 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N5OLA

N5OLA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi -- I was recently re-licensed (after 30 years of dormancy) and applied to get back my old callsign from the 80s. Just curious to hear from anyone who has recently received a vanity license and how long did it take to process?

Will KI5DQT (soon to be N5OLA)

2. KB9VY

KB9VY Ham Member QRZ Page

What date did you apply for N5OLA? There are currently no requests in the system for this callsign. If you go to AE7Q.com you can read all about the process. The site explains exactly how many days it will take, and provides predictions on the result.

3. N5OLA

It's showing up on the FCC ULS ("pending"). PS THANKS for the lead on that website. But I'm concerned if there are no requests for this callsign. I applied on Mar 13.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That means just that: it's pending.

There is a period you must wait for any other folks claiming it (direct family members - father, son, etc.). I think that's 30 days but don't remember for sure.

Just hang tight and you'll find out soon enough. Also factor in the FCC is still a bit of a mess after the shutdown.

Dave
    W7UUU

5. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine took 19 days from request to issuance.

6. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately, it looks like made a mistake entering your requested call sign. On AE7Q, it's showing up as N50LA, not N5OLA. You may want to cancel your request and try again.

7. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It shows up in the ULS that way too. Looks like the FCC made a boo boo too. A call sign with a "50" shouldn't be valid. I'm surprised that it go past the computer.

8. N5OLA

Thank you all for making this discovery. I have submitted a request to the FCC. I knew there must be a snafu somewhere in the system. Again, thanks!