Value of incentive licensing today

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB7QPS, Feb 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

I just do the name.

It is fascinating to see people do a double take. Also to see those who get the reference.

2. WW2E

WW2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine is simpler. It's very funny when some serious-faced person says, "Shemdrick -- it's so nice to see you here . . ."

[​IMG]

N2EY likes this.
  3. W2AI

W2AI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember when the 75 meter phone band was 3.8 to 4.0 49 years ago. Most of your phone activity is on 3.8 to 4.0 at night. Very little activity from 3.7 to 3.8 [AE, Advanced sub-band] and even less on the exclusive AE portion from 3.6 to 3.7 mc.

N2EY likes this.
  4. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liberal in the sense that you advocate gimmes! Liberals all love to take from one group and give to another. Rob Peter to pay Paul! Take, take, take, that's the liberal mantra!

If the shoe fits (and boy does it ever) then wear it!

I think your proposals warm the hearts of all Snowflakes, you're their hero.

And, as for taking tests, are you suggesting that we all retake all our tests every year or so? Why? Snowflakes won't even take ONE, so what's with the "if you had to take the Extra today, could you pass it" business?

Puleeeeeeeeeeeze!

de NK2U

[Moderator] NK2U - this crosses the line and is a violation of our TOS. We simply wont tolerate verbal abuse and politically charged innuendo such as this. You will only receive ONE warning about this.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
  5. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Nonsense. You're just tossing dog-whistle buzzwords to distract from your mistakes.

You want to talk about "gimmees"? Here's one: in 2006, FCC took 100 kHz of CW/data space (3600 to 3700) that was available to Generals, Advanceds and Extras, and made it Extra-only 'phone space. They took 100 kHz from the Generals and Advanceds so that Extras could get a "gimmee" of exclusive phone space.

You like that "gimmee" because you look down on anyone who isn't an Extra.

I'm asking if YOU could pass the current tests, without any preparation.

Your answer makes it clear you can't.

Yet you call others names.

Why?

K8PG, WZ7U, AF7XT and 1 other person like this.
  6. W2AI

U.S. Amateur Radio frequency allotment on 75 meter 'phone [dated back to 11/22/1969]

3800-3825 kc Amateur Extra Only
    3825-3900 kc Amateur Extra and Advanced Class
    3900-4000 kc Amateur Extra, Advanced, and General/ Conditional Class.

That's the way it was back then.

7. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny how you say I made a mistake... seems you are taking a line from the ARRL who claims that the FCC made a mistake in awarding (yes) Extras the bandwidth that we so deserve! I only look down on SNOWFLAKES who want a gimme, period. If you want to stay a tech, so be it, no problem here. But, if you want more, you will have to study more.

What is so evil, so sinful, so disgusting about studying? What?

For the record, I could not pass the current Extra test without studying... does that mean that every few years I have to study to pass the test again? Tell me, If I study to take the test again, will I get more spectrum? NO! So what's your point?

de NK2U

8. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank god the FCC rectified that!!! I can only say that I appreciate the FCC doing what was correct.

Thank you FCC!

de NK2U

9. W2AI

However, Roland; U.S. radio amateurs did more with less back in those old days. It was more "on-the-air" activity in less frequency phone allotment--only 200 kilocycles. Nowadays, it much LESS "on-the-air" activity coupled with MORE underutilized phone sub-bands. This is more particularly so on 80/75 meters.

N2EY likes this.
  10. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the truth of the matter is that on the CW portion of 80 meters, there's always room to call CQ and start a QSO. There's simply no need to expand that part of the band when there's already plenty of space.

If there is "too" much space in the phone band, so be it. You can never have enough, right? Like how many radios do you need...?

The FCC, for the very few faults it makes, has done a great job on 80/75 meters and is to be commended. I am just so shocked that the ARRL told the FCC that they made a mistake! All I can say is WOW.

de NK2U