ad: Hamgear-1

Vacuum tubes under fire?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by N3UIQ, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N3UIQ

N3UIQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just found this video on shipping vacuum tubes, any thoughts?

2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Much Ado About Nothing

3. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just ship them as a "radio part"

The idiots who interpret stupid rules like that will never have a clue

99.99999999% of common radio tubes are essentially inert.

A LiPo battery pack for use with a drone is vastly more dangerous in shipment yet that's done a million times a day

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, WD4IGX and KB4QAA like this.
  5. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

7. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

The Post Office has some stupid people, and some stupid regulations. I sample my aircraft oil during oil changes, and mail the sample to an Analysis Lab. I once had PO counter person tell me that they cannot accept it because they cannot ship "hazardous liquids". I had to research it in the Postal Regs (which are online), and show the counter person where oil samples of less than 2fl oz are specifically exempted...

KB4QAA and KD2ACO like this.
  8. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

The problem lies with eBay sellers who use the Global Shipping Program option, and if they have certain items listed in specific categories. It's not vacuum tubes that's the problem, it's the category they were sold in. The GSP will not ship items from certain categories. In this case it's the seller who screwed up, using the Global Shipping Program when selling in prohibited categories. Like "Wholesale Lots" as one example. The seller could have just shipped it directly, and not through the program, and this would have not happened. Bad seller.

9. AJ4CU

AJ4CU Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree the seller is at fault, I recently ordered a few 83 MVRs and had them shipped with no problems.

10. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Chicken Little's , mad mother ;)
    Rules should be made by someone that knows what they are talking about .