V2 qrz logbook NOT user friendly.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by 5B4AHL, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. DM5TS

DM5TS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

so, why not get the best of both versions? Instead of the notify message it would be nice to see the requested confirmation in the logbook already. With only callsign and date filled out as these infos are provided by the notification too. At the end of that incomlete qso line a button "confirm", which opens the partial filled QSO form. There should also be a "sorry-not-in-log" button, which deletes the line and notifies the requester.

This would (nearly) bring back the comfort of V1 with the benefit of V2.

Thorsten
    DM5TS

2. G3SDG

G3SDG Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a paper log at 9H3AY, so can not upload it!
    I do not have a computer at this /P station only back in UK G3SDG
    Do you really think I am going to manually fill in 100's of QSO!!!
    Sorry for people needing Malta confirmed.
    I support the above suggestion
    73 Jeff G3SDG/ 9H3AY

3. N5INP

N5INP Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent idea. :)

4. VK1ZZ

VK1ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup!....I agree ,confusing.

Gary

5. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is one of those ideas that you hear and get embarrassed that you didn't think of it yourself. I personally love the idea. It's not something that can be added overnight, but I will certainly push this idea to Fred and Jaime, and if they approve, I will prioritize it among the other to-do items and get cracking on it!

6. DM5TS

DM5TS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You will be our all hero, Alex!

And yes, be aware: Overnight programming usually strikes back next morning. I know, what I'm talking about...

Good luck

Thorsten
    DM5TS

7. 2E0FVL

2E0FVL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah yes agree!!
    Just started the season at GB2CPM we are not there every day and also different operators, no internet or computers just paper log, if the log entry was shown to complete or reject that would be nice.
    Then I could do as I used to note the entry from any time from home, check log book at shack then confirm or refuse on return home!

8. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

I use QRZ.COM as my digital record. The call sign lookup is a plus. I also enter in eqsl then load to lotw. So what? I'm running XP and using a boat anchor rig, I'm lucky to be radiating at all. There are real problems is this world and V2 is not one of them.

9. 2E0FVL

2E0FVL Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I'm concerned you have no problems as you have the internet in your shack, the station I am referring to has no internet coverage!
    All operators are volunteers at this Museum station using a paper log, I used to be able to keep an eye on QRZ log entries at home then note and check them the next time I went into the shack, come home and confirm but that now is not possible.
    We don't need the log book as such at the museum but would like to be able to see the other stations entry so as to confirm it as before.
    I have no problem at home QRZ is my only log book, in fact loving the new system but it's not working for us at our museum station without internet.

10. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

All - See this thread:
    http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?429684-***-QRZ-Logbook-Updates-21-March-2014***

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.