V2 qrz logbook NOT user friendly.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by 5B4AHL, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. 5B4AHL

5B4AHL Ham Member QRZ Page

The new version "V2" logbook keeps sending me qso's to acknowledge, but they dont show in the log as before, so are not as easy to confirm, i keep getting messages to confirm but how can I??
    Please dont say fill in the form , i just want to confirm them not spend all day filling in forms.

2. LU1EEG

LU1EEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

v2 qrz

Hola a todos ,soy LU1EEG,Jorge, estoy de acuerdo con el amigo,me resultava mas facil la version anterior,y usado con el HRD,se complica aun mas tenes que llenar planillas y antes te enviaba la confirmacion solo.
    73&DX de LU1EEG Jorge Piacente

3. LU1EEG

LU1EEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

v2 qrz

Hola a todos, LU1EEG soja, Jorge, Estoy de acuerdo Con El Amigo, me resultaba mas easy version anterior, y USADO Con e jamón lujo radio, sí se complica aun del del navidad, tenes Que llenar planillas y los antes te enviaba la confirmacion solo
    73 y DX de LU1EEG Jorge Piacente

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The QRZ Logbook is just that, a place for you to log the QSOs you have made. If you choose to not enter your records in the Logbook (manually or by upload), then you are not using it for its intended purpose. Rather, you are attempting to use it solely as an incoming QSL card bureau, which it is not.

Confirmations are now automatically earned when both parties to the QSO log records that match by callsigns, band, mode and UTC date/time (within a 30 minute window). Unless disabled, a private message is also issued to each party so advising. If you find this annoying, then t
    o disable PM’s, click on My Account (in pop up menu below My Logbook), scroll down to Logbook options, select disable and save.

You can always view your confirmed QSO status by selecting the filter "QSO Status - Confirmed". The result can be sorted various ways.

5. 9H1KR

9H1KR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same problem of not being able to confirm the QSO's made/received inspite of logged QSOs.
    In all probability this is due to the fact that there are two ways to enter a QSO, these are :

Option A is you click on your logbook and enter the details and save it.
    Option B you search for the other person' info, then hit 'Log a new contact with XXXXX' and save.

The confirmation should be made to match if either method is used, A+A, B+B or A+B by those involved.

6. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

That has no affect. Contact the other station and make sure that your callsigns, bands, dates, modes and times(+/- 30 mins) all match.

7. AD0EC

AD0EC Ham Member QRZ Page

I liked the old log better where you confirmed QSO's not having to type everything in.

A giant step back IMO. Why the change? If it ain't broke..

8. F1EPQ

F1EPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    Everyone must be aware of the challenge. If each amateur only waits for QSOs entered or uploaded by the other side(s) and never types or uploads a single QSO on it's own side the result can be harmful for all the QRZ amateur community resulting in a poor overall participation or only pure "complacency QSOs confirmations" which is an absolute nonsense.
    Please let all serious hamradios do the job on each side (or from every sides) typing and uploading all the QSOs with the benefit of a modern interface. Individualism is now prohibited. A major step forward. Thanks QRZ for making Logbook V2 available to all QRZ members. Long life to the Logbook V2 !
    Regards,

Jean-Luc - F1EPQ

9. N5INP

N5INP Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a very, very odd statement.

10. F1EPQ

F1EPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    ... Which means QRZ promotes the sharing community not the one-way processes.
    Regards,

Jean-Luc - F1EPQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.