V2 and 122 vfo

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N8ZL, Jan 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

YTV:

According to the map, here on QRZ.com, you are 11.1 miles SSE of my location in Collin County Richardson.

Glen, K9STH

2. KE5YTV

KE5YTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Glen,

Yeah, we're both here in God's country! :)

Mike KE5YTV

3. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, a Viking 2 and a pair of 122 VFOs recently sold in eBay, all three, for around 35 bucks. Only a few years ago a single 122 would get at least $100 at a hamfest. I guess the handwriting is pretty much on the wall.

4. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

UJ:

But, how much for shipping? Shipping charges have gotten so high that, if the unit has to be shipped, it is going to cost an arm and a leg just to transport the equipment.

Person to person prices are still in a reasonable range and certain items are selling for even more money these days.

Glen, K9STH

5. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

And the shippers couldn't care less whether or not they destroy the merchandise in transit.
    I once had a UPS guy tell me that their job is to move it from point A to point B, and its condition upon arrival is irrelevant.

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

STH:
    The official nomenclature is Model 122 as shown on the front panel. The 240 is a catalog or ordering prefix.

I have run the 122 directly off the V-I in the late 50's and in a V-II CDC more recently with a 6AH6 as those were popular swaps of the era. I havent changed the VR tube and stability seems fine on AM even during long ragchew sessions 0n 160-20M. A Valiant or 32V2 is most used on 15 and 10 respectively

Carl