UTC Clock (for Win32)

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by KI4QFY, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. KD4SM

KD4SM Ham Member QRZ Page

I like it. However, how about making an option so that when you minimize it, it shows the current UTC time instead of the date. That way, you can look right at it and know what the UTC time is and just look to the right for your local time. Otherwise, its a good little program.

Shane

2. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

Well, on minimize it does show the date and time, hover your mouse over the minimized tray icon... the Help Window pops up with it.

However I see what mean with the date, it takes up the whole window. Will see what I can do!

Thanks,
    Andrew

3. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

New version 1.0.2 shows Zulu time on minimize (Zulu=GMT=UTC).

4. WA6FYD

WA6FYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for Topmost. It let's me appear to be real savvy during QSO's with DX stations!
    -Jack in Santa Cruz

5. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

No problem, I tripped over an easy add for topmost, so I put it in. I have mine either up and over Firefox, or minimized and Zulu is updated.

Glad you found it usefull!
    Andrew de KI4QFY

6. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

BTW, heres a freeware ZIP program... Make OR extract ZIP files.

HTH,
    Andrew

7. N7VQM

N7VQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Appears to run fine under WINE on Linux. I'm using Ubuntu Dapper Drake with WINE 0.9.25.

8. KD4SM

Thanks a lot. This is a useful application. Thanks again.

Shane

9. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

NP Shane, thanks for the feedback (and check the About box on the new version :blush: )

Andrew

10. KD4SM

I saw that, Andrew. Thanks for the nod, but you've done all the work and deserve the credit. Again, its a nice program and good job. BTW, do you know of a ham around Roanoke whose call ends with a HP. He was able to get into the local repeater from there, and its located in Ashe County NC. Its around 100 air miles distance, but I forgot his call. Any ideas?

Shane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.