ad: MLSons-1

UTC Clock (for Win32)

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KI4QFY, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

For anyone interested, freeware Local and UTC/GMT clock. Will do topmost or normal, 24 hour and AM/PM.

There is NO INSTALL, but you do need VB6 runtime (if you have XP, its already installed). Just download the executable to a directory and run it. Tip: From the directory, right click on it and select "Send To", and pick Desktop to make a desktop shortcut.

It can be downloaded from my site at:
    UTCclock (ZIP FILE)
    *LINK FIXED NOW! HOST DOES NOT PERMIT EXE FILES, UPDATED TO ZIP FILE*

Any questions or comments, post back.
    Cheers,
    Andrew de KI4QFY

2. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

A quick little update takes it to version 1.0.1

Added an About box, and toggle wether you want seconds displayed or not. The non-stop seconds update was distracting to me, thought others might feel so also... so now its an option.

Andrew de KI4QFY

3. KV4YI

KV4YI Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried to download the program tonight but I'm getting a 404 error - File not found.

4. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

I just checked the link again, it started to download for me. Give it another try.

Is anyone else having trouble getting it?

Worse case, PM me your e-mail and Ill send it to you, its only 36k in filesize.

Andrew

5. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

it's not just you--i got a file, utcclock.exe, with 0 bytes.

6. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

Drats! I just checked it at work, something isnt right. Ill look into it when I get home and post back. It may need to be a ZIP file for the server to like it, dont know yet... Drats.

7. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

Just as I suspected... My host wont allow .EXE files, so the link has been updated with a ZIP FILE that will download with no problems. If there is a problem, just give me a shout.

Andrew

8. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

Looking for feedback on the clock, thanks.

9. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

works well for me. i need to put this on my desktop at work ...

10. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Works for me

Tom K8ERV Montrose Colo

11. KD4SM

KD4SM Ham Member QRZ Page

I like it. However, how about making an option so that when you minimize it, it shows the current UTC time instead of the date. That way, you can look right at it and know what the UTC time is and just look to the right for your local time. Otherwise, its a good little program.

Shane

12. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

Well, on minimize it does show the date and time, hover your mouse over the minimized tray icon... the Help Window pops up with it.

However I see what mean with the date, it takes up the whole window. Will see what I can do!

Thanks,
    Andrew

13. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

New version 1.0.2 shows Zulu time on minimize (Zulu=GMT=UTC).

14. WA6FYD

WA6FYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for Topmost. It let's me appear to be real savvy during QSO's with DX stations!
    -Jack in Santa Cruz

15. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

No problem, I tripped over an easy add for topmost, so I put it in. I have mine either up and over Firefox, or minimized and Zulu is updated.

Glad you found it usefull!
    Andrew de KI4QFY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.