Using Teamspeak 3 (Roip) to connect to nodes

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M6IGJ, Sep 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. M6IGJ

M6IGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all. Just a quick one, but I've started using Teamspeak 3 (I have a community server) to get my back on air.

Since moving house a couple of years back, I'm now in an area without any repeaters etc that I can use. Other than using Echolink or a DV4mini etc Iit's kinda quiet. Equally, I can only use these things whilst i'm at home.

As a result, I bought myself a F22 Handset (it looks like a HT, but it's move of a phone with a PTT button that runs android) and looked at ways of connecting to the world via a GSM connection.

I now have a fully working Teamspeak 3 server with multiple talk groups on it (like channels), that allow me to choose who I connect too. I tend to use Echolink and Allstar more often that not, but it's expandable...

The server is now being used by several hams around the world who can now play radio when they don't have a repeater in range.

Since using it and talking to others, I've found a few people that seem to think it's an issue using other mediums such as Teamspeak 3 to play radio on (only a few). I'm not sure why it would be an issue personally, as it offers more control from a security perspective than any of the other RoIP solutions available.

As such, i'll through it to the forum for any input on this.

In the meantime, if anyone wishes to try the server out and have QSO etc, just ask and I'll send the details across (It's all free to use for licenced hams). Teamspeak 3 is free for most platforms, but Apple and Google store bother charge to initially download the app.

73's for now.

Gareth - M6IGJ/KJ4 VNF

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out Salt Grass.

Have fun.

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Link please?

4. M6IGJ

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yay! Mucho thanko!

7. M6IGJ

I've had a look at the page, but I'm a little confused to the relevance. Am I missing something ? lol.