Using QRZ log book...

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by SV1SLB, Nov 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. SV1SLB

SV1SLB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

... how can I create a wsjtx_log.adi file?
    For some unknown reason, the wsjtx_log.adi is gone! I only used the WSPR function last night and today, when I turned to FT8, the file was missing!
    From what I see, there is no import method. I have ALL my QSO's to LoTW and at the QRZ.
    Please help!

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I made the mistake once of moving the file instead of copying it. Maybe you can find it?
    But anyway, you can load any .adi back into that directory and name it wsjtx_log.adi and all will work properly - at least on FT8 so I assume other modes as well.

3. SV1SLB

I took the wsjtx.log which contains (as I saw), all the necessary fields but in a different order.
    Then copied it into the Excel, and then running the "Text to Column" command I had the fields separated to columns.
    Then I created a new sheet copying the fields in the correct order as the software needs them.
    Finally I took this last sheet, and moved all the columns to one first column.
    These contents were copied to an empty text, renamed as you said to wsjtx_log.adi and put in the log folder of the program.
    The contents are correct, I double checked them with the QRZ logbook, never the less the wsjt does NOT recognize the stations I already worked. NONE OF THEM.
    It is like starting from zero, again!
    All stations from Europe do not even have the country indicated. The all are marked as EU, the color is red as I have never worked Europe again. The program thinks that EU is a new Continent for me!!!

4. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you sure you are looking in the right location for the file?

5. KP4SX

Use ADIFMaster. A simple text file won't work. It must be in ADIF format.

6. SV1SLB

Yes, it is in the C:\users\michael\AppData\local\wsjt

7. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds right. Recycle bin?

8. SV1SLB

I am unable to make ADIFMaster work in my laptop for some reason. It only returns only 2 lines when I import from the txt.
    Any other program would be greatly appreciated.

9. KP4SX

Use your adif available from qrz.com.
    Don't bother with anything txt.
    Use the Open command, not the Import command.

10. SV1SLB

Problem solved. Found out that every line at the .adi file had to end with <eor>.
    I put this <eor> at the end of each line and now everything is OK.
    Never the less, I think that a backup each and every time we exit the program is a must.
    Thank you all for the support.

KP4SX likes this.