Using Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by G0GQK, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N5WSU

N5WSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Mel
    There is a way to move the folder on fire fox. highlite the folder and right click your will see a list use cut and then move to where you want to place the folder then right click again and paste the folder. And that it------Martin(N5WSU)

2. G4LNA

G4LNA Ham Member QRZ Page

Evening Mel,

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, I've been using FF for years and all I do if I want to move a folder or file is just to highlight it then drag and drop it. If I want to sort them I just go to Organise Bookmarks and click on Sort by name.

I must admit I use the Linux version of FF so there are some differences between the Windows version and the Linux version as I've found out in the past.

Paul.

3. 9A3HP

9A3HP Guest

I use PC-BSD (UNIX) And Firefox .
    For me is easy way to make organize my Bookmark. Cut(selected items,) and Paste to place what i prefer. It work. [​IMG]
    Of course before i make new Bookmark folder.

4. VE3SRE

VE3SRE Ham Member QRZ Page

One very useful Firefox "add-on" is N0HR's "Propfire" for Firefox.

You can get it from here: N0HR Propfire

It takes all of 30 seconds to install, close Firefox and then re-open it...and you'll have a regularly updated solar forecast appearing in the lower right-hand corner of Firefox!

These two articles that appeared on the ARRL website describe a whole bunch of other ways you can customize Firefox for amateur radio:

Customizing Firefox for Ham Radio

Still Customizing Firefox for Ham Radio

Of course there are all kinds of other ways you can customize Firefox using add-ons.

Enjoy!

5. N0HR

N0HR Ham Member QRZ Page

6. VE3SRE

VE3SRE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Pat for your excellent work!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!!

7. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool!

I hadn't heard of propfire before and just installed it. Aside from an SFI of 70 it's working great on Iceweasel 2.0.0.5 on Debian Linux.

Nice work.

8. WA9UAA

WA9UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Mel,
    When I moved book marks into Linux I copied them on to a thumb drive, as I am dual booting with Win XP. With the bookmarks on the thumb drive, I used the import function in Firefox to access the thumb drive, and copied the book marks back into the new browser. HTH
    Rob WA9UAA

9. AD7NW

AD7NW Guest

One of the coolest things about FF book marks is the toolbar folder. It's nice to have a shortcut to sites like QRZ right there in the toolbar. Just type Ctrl T to open a new tab, click the icon, and boom your in the login screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.