using hri-200 with ft-991a wires x

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by W3ZDX, May 27, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. KF0FBO

KF0FBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I like so many others have fallen victim to the 991a inability to connect to wiresx. I believe the simple answer would be to adjust the amount of time the 991a send the digital signal to connect, but that is not adjustable. Could be an easy firmware fix.

2. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yaesu has effectively moved on from the WIRES-X system. It doesn't appear to be going away, but no significant improvement have occurred for several years.

They seem to be focusing most of their more recent energy on the IMRS linking system, which is much more friendly to repeater owners / maintainers.

Basically, I don't see WIRES-X getting 'better' any time in the foreseeable future.

3. VK2PCT

VK2PCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, you can only do analogue when using an HRi-200 connected to a 991A, you will need to buy a 400, 300 or 100 if you want to set up a wiresX node. I have just received a reply from Yaesu stating this. I was hoping to buy a 300Dr for the vehicle, but if I want wiresX i now need to buy another 2 radios as the 991A I just purchased will not be compatible. I guess not a bad marketing ploy

4. KF0FBO

KF0FBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I just purchased a FTM400 for that very reason, I hope to have my own node up and running soon.