using hri-200 with ft-991a wires x

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by W3ZDX, May 27, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W3ZDX

W3ZDX Ham Member QRZ Page

hello,

I have an FT-991a and HRI-200 that I would like to setup as a node for use while I am local. I do not have any wires x repeaters near me. There seems to be no definitive source for troubleshooting or information and if any one has done this, I would appreciate your advice.

I cannot find a problem with the way I setup the HRI200, the wires x and the FT991a. But obviously there is

My problem;
    I cannot connect to wires x with when I use my Ft2d and try to connect to my FT991a
    I have the wires x software setup, all of the ports check out ok.
    I have gone into transceiver and set my frequency(simplex, no tone squelch)
    I hear nothing at either the radio or the PC.

I know I am missing a setting, but I have been through the HRI 200 instructions and have combed youtube for answers.

Any help would be appreciated
    73's
    Steve
    W3ZDX

2. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you are trying to hear your one rig in the other via arepeater.
    This is VERY likely to fail because your transmitter in the one rig has such a STRONG local signal it is desensing the heck out of the other rig's receiver !! Remember they are on two different freqs, not simplex (that would work :D )
    I am not sure that even simplex would work becasue I believe wires has a digital ID that has to get thru and maybe strong RF field would mess up the decoder circuits ??!

3. KN4MNA

KN4MNA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm having the same problem with the same equipment. Have you figured out the solution yet? Thanks

Marty
    KN4MNA

4. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

The repeater doesn't have to be wites-x, just digital capability. My node in my garage communicates with our 145.210 repeater, W3TBG. Our techie refused to put the HRI-200 at the repeater site, we got fed up and put the node my garage.