Using EchoLink with an Ipad

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KC2TZC, Apr 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC2TZC

KC2TZC Ham Member QRZ Page

Most of the repeaters in my area do not show up on the map and are not listed in the Station List

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe they are not linked in.

Normally only connected nodes are listed.

3. K1RFD

K1RFD Ham Member QRZ Page

EchoLink nodes will show up in the Station List only if they are currently logged in to the system. Furthermore, logged-in nodes will only show up on the map if they have provided their lat/lon information (and it is accurate); many nodes have not done this.

4. KC2TZC

KC2TZC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your reply, K1RFD. I can follow up with the repeaters in question to find out why they are not logged on to the EchoLink system.

5. N4MBZ

N4MBZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I cant get Echolink to work on my iPad, works fine on iphone and desktop, but doesnt do anything on ipad. Any ideas? Thx
    Roger

6. K1RFD

There's a bug in the current release that can show up on some iOS versions when you start in portrait orientation, which prevents the navigation items from appearing. Try turning to landscape, and back to portrait.

7. GW0GVQ

GW0GVQ Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I use Echolink on a 64bit encryption windows 10 PC because windows don't accept 32 bit on a 64 bit

8. KA9JLM

Encryption is not a problem. Open UDP ports and the firewall is.

And the Echolink install is not blessed by MS.

You just need to jump thru hoops to make Echolink work on Win 10.

If you can jump rope you can make it work. :)

9. K1RFD

In what way is the install not blessed by MS?

10. KA9JLM

Not sure, Maybe you changed the installer ?. My version may be out of date, But still works on XP. :) I use Win7 and it works great.

Here are some links that further explain why Win 10 can be problematic.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/digital-signatures-and-windows-installer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/wintrust/nf-wintrust-winverifytrust

I want to thank you for your good work, Echolink is great software thanks to you. :) I stopped coding for 10, Because it is to bothersome, To offer as free software. MS owns your code, You don't.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Last edited: May 1, 2020