ad: chuckmartin

Using a Kenwood TS-590 and DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B Magnetic Loop

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by N1LID, Feb 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N1LID

N1LID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone here have first hand experience using a Kenwood TS-590 with the DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B Magnetic Loop?

I have been unable to get the relay actuation circuit to turn off the antenna pre-amplifier when I transmit. What menu items did you turn on/off with the TS-590? Did you use the "DRV" connection? Or something else? Did you have to change the dip switches inside power inserter?

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using the 590 with several dedicated RX antennas, but none of them are powered. Are you trying to use the amplifier relay contacts in the 590 to switch the power on/off? If so, that relay is disabled by default, and has to be enabled in the menu.

WA8FOZ likes this.
  3. N1LID

N1LID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have tried to use the "DRV/Meter" button to activate the port and menu 53 (HF Amplifier control), neither have worked. I'm hoping to find someone here who has used the DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B Magnetic Loop with the Kenwood TS-590 to understand how they did it. It's possible I need to change the dip switches inside the power inserter - but want to read about it first hand go down that path.