Use Ham Radio without a license?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4AX, Sep 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I refuse to NOT help during a true emergency. After all the food and all the water is gone and things are still screwed up I suppose we're all doomed anyway Not into NOT helping others.
    Preppers are not about short term natural disasters or emergencies, they plan and more often hope for an entire breakdown of civilization. I have little hope to survive in such a situation so why not go out and help? Plus I can't see myself pushing a cart down the path ala "The Road".

W7JZE, WU8Y and K1ABX like this.
  2. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

perhaps you have heard the phrase "loose lips sink ships"?

3. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

hunger does strange things to people... makes them act in very hostile uncivilized ways that they would never act like in normal circumstances.

4. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What kind of disaster are you preparing for, where that sort of thing will happen?

Are there people in Florida dying of dehydration unless they murder their neighbors? In a major hurricane people lose power and many lose their homes, but we don't have mass starvation or dehydration because we have FEMA and the National Guard to help ensure basic survival needs are met.

KB2SMS, K1ABX and W4IOA like this.
  5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Discussions like this make me question the sanity of some hams. I had to go back and look at the subject of this thread to figure out what today's problem is.

There is nothing illegal about selling ham radios to anyone. Does this come as some epiphany to anyone here?

And Florida is fine. Obviously, some isolated areas like the Keys, Marco Island, etc... are severely damaged but the only catastrophe from which people need protection now are the criminally negligent parents who ran a generator inside their home causing the death of a little girl.

For those having nervous breakdowns over a guy selling radios, grow up!

K1ABX likes this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I would include the true scum of the earth the looters who break into homes and businesses and steal the property of others let's hope they receive the maximum penalty provided by the law.

KB2SMS, WB0MPB and K1VSK like this.
  7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Are there really people that are that ignorant as to run a gas generator inside their home. That is almost beyond belief that parents would be that, well what is the best word here, I guess I will use "stupid" that they would do that. We have "adults" out there that don't have enough knowledge to know what is going to happen doing that????????
    Lakeland 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator
    But then I read other other headlines on the news and it looks like the USA is filled with a lot of idiots and evil people......................................................................
    Ohio couple accused of binding, gagging twin boys
    And the way they ran this place not just in this storm but in the past. Some people just don't care about others. It was a hurricane but 6 elderly people should not have had to die this way.
    8 dead due to intense heat, loss of power at Florida nursing home after Irma
    STUPID................................
    California woman confronts dealership employee for taking her limited edition car on joyride
    Lots of STUPID and EVIL............................................
    Ex-Ohio cop pleads guilty to using sex toy on 2 women during traffic stop

It is not hard to find stupid and evil people in our country doing all kinds of evil and stupid. That is for sure!!!!

John, WB0MPB

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Forget the stupid parents get ready for the lawsuit the generator manufacturer failed to provide adequate warnings about running the generator inside their home.

KB2SMS, K1ABX and WB0MPB like this.
  9. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't trivialize what happened to that child by describing the parents as "stupid" but I agree that an appropriate adjective for people who are bothered by someone selling radios.

10. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

You are right. I was just looking for just the right word to use there but could not find it so that is what I used.

I do think the parent that was responsible for that precious little life should be sentenced to the same kind of death. An "eye for an eye".
    The mother will probably get probation.

John, WB0MPB