Use caution with AC6CW

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KK4CCA, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4CCA

KK4CCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My first and only problem purchase (MFJ-939I tuner) at qrz.com till date. After payment was made via PayPal, seller AC6CW began to give various reasons (began with car not available and ended with he being in the Philippines for cardiac treatment/surgery!) for the delay in sending my pkg and subsequently went silent. Contacted him via PayPal and extended time to send the pkg and when there was no response, I escalated the issue to PayPal as "item not received". PayPal worked quickly and few days ago I was informed that the case was ruled in my favor with the payment being recovered and credited to my account. This person could be a fraudster or someone genuinely in a difficult situation, so use your best judgement but cover your backs and use PayPal! This is FYI.

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I looked at all his ads and I don't see one for a MFJ939I tuner. His current post is flagged CAUTION for no photos and he states he's in DU but can "ship from W6."

He was last seen on QRZ on Dec. 12.

Google search has no hits for AC6CW & MFJ-939I.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. KK4CCA

KK4CCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was posted on 11/16/17 but later removed by moderator. All my conversations with him, some of them here on qrz.com and some by direct email, were from that day.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017