ad: k1jek

USA repeater callsigns

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by M0LMK, Feb 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. M0LMK

M0LMK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what I did in the end. Just ignored them unless they had a "-R" on the end or if they started with WR. Seems to work well enough.

2. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you figure that?!

If anything, I think that OFCOM (who now regulate ALL radio transmission and Broadcasting in the UK) have gone way too far in DE-regulation, especially when it comes to Broadcasters . . .

Since they took over from The Radio Authority, they have completely ruined Commercial Radio broadcasting over here !

Roger G3YRO

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you get curse words over the air ?

4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

No, a station could still lose it's licence for that !

But stations used to only be awarded a Licence if they had a certain Promise of Performance . . . so that they offered something different to listeners than the existing station in the area. Also all the programmes had to be locally produced/presented.

OFCOM has gradually allowed all of that to go out of the window . . . so the stations are all now boring and sound the same . . . and so they've lost all their audience !

(I've worked as a Presenter in commercial radio almost all my life)

Roger G3YRO

5. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger, It sounds as if they have become like the US radio stations. They all sound the same. I don't even turn the radio on any more. 73 John K4AGO