USA exams system endorsed by ACMA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, Sep 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VK4HAT

    VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

    Disturbing is one way to look at it. LOL
  2. VK5KKS

    VK5KKS Ham Member QRZ Page

    I've held a ham radio licence and a pilot licence since 1983. Back then it was simple, study, sit the exam(s) get the licence. Couldn't give a toss who handled the paperwork, it just happened. Now days with all the computer power and internet resources it seems to be very complex and confusing. I think it's all about the dollars. It's no wonder old farts like me long for the good old days.
    Kevin, VK5KKS
  3. K4BH

    K4BH Ham Member QRZ Page

    In the US you only need a valid mailing address at which the FCC can contact you if need be. It does not need to be your place of residence. Many people use a PO Box. The caveat is that if the FCC sends you communications to that address and it is returned for whatever reason, your station license will be cancelled and your operator license suspended.
  4. VK4TI

    VK4TI Ham Member QRZ Page

    "VK3VM, post: 5210268, member: 379220"]Just to clarify my position with The VE Licensing issue and obtaining a VE Licence - I am EXCEPTIONALLY KEEN to undertake assessment in the US system if not become a VE Examiner myself... Yet to do so it would mean that I would have to list a "false" address (i.e. a place where I do not live/operate from or re-mail my licence from) on documentation to obtain the licence.

    When I can list my home address on the licence I will gladly and with expedience take assessment for a US licence and will apply for a Vanity Call as many Australians have done."

    There is nothing wrong with the supply of US postal address to rx mail which is letter of the rules , residency is NOT required so please don't twist things .

Share This Page