For Sale US TOWER TX-472MDP Free Standing 72' Motorized Crank Up Ham Radio Tower

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KM1H, Feb 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

This 72' motorized tower had less than a year of use before a lift cable snapped as it was being remotely lowered from inside the house. US Tower suggested 18 months for replacement in the coastal location.

Damage is minimal due to the almost nested height of the failure as shown in the photographs, especially #9 thru 12, with a number and arrow in red and is within the capability of a decent auto body shop or someone at home with a MIG/TIG welder, PortaPower, and the skills required.

I would strongly suggest a better grade cable as the replacement.

There is absolutely no structural rust. Rust surface stains are from the outdoor storage and the original cable and unpainted hardware, etc which can easily be removed.

The location is very accessible to a 2 axle car trailer, flatbed car hauler, etc and weight is only about 1200#. I towed it 135 miles at mostly Interstate highway speeds with my car trailer.

Current 2019 price at any HRO store for the TX-472MDP motorized tower, PLUS MCL-100 Limit Switches, TB2 Thrust Bearing, and 4900-004 Base Mounting Plate is $23,935, plus another (as quoted) ~$2400 shipping to this area here in NH. HRO doesnt tell you that $5335 additional is required for the full package. Minus the current discount of $2,987.20 US Tower Winter Sales Event! (Exp:02/28/19). There are no bargains there folks.

Details can be found at:
    http://www.ustower.com/product_cat/ham-radio-fixed-towers/

www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-002365

The optional TRX-80HD erection fixture is not included and is $1700 at HRO. If accessible, a small crane can do it for a lot less plus there are other options to consider.

This tower is sold as local pickup only; if a buyer wants it shipped it is his responsibility to make the arrangements. The only payment methods I accept are US $Green$ and a bank check at pickup here or at my local bank. Pay Pal IS NOT AN OPTION.

Please contact me for a phone number to call only from 9AM to 8PM Eastern Time to ask questions and make an appointment to inspect.

Since this item is also listed elsewhere such as NH Craigslist I reserve the right to cancel this at any time. A full set of photos can be seen on Craigslist at:

https://nh.craigslist.org/for/d/ham-radio-tower-us-tower-tx-472mdp/6816263946.html

Let me know if there is any problem accessing them. TX-472MDP.19.jpg

Reasonable offers will be considered, others will be ignored. I AM open to reasonable negotiations and some possible trades such as a ~ 6 to 10 year old midsize 4 door sedan from Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda in excellent condition might be of interest as a partial payment. No trucks, SUV's, coupes, entry level or full size cars please, or no European models.

K3EY likes this.
  2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems I forgot the price! A bargain at $9999.00

Use the QRZ PM INBOX to contact me for the phone # and simple questions.

Carl

ZL1KFM likes this.
  3. KG9DD

KG9DD Ham Member QRZ Page

That tower new went for around 6800+shipping a friend of mine bought 1. You cant Quote new today price when trying to sale

KC9ZAS likes this.
  4. KB1YFD

KB1YFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Would you sell your house for what you paid for it?

W4KVW and K1SPD like this.
  5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

That price hasnt been valid for many years. My price is a fair fraction of the current total delivered cost.

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.