ad: w5yi

Upsetting a Repeater God

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD2WJP, Jul 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. NG4F

NG4F Ham Member QRZ Page

Whatever you do, dont let this guy get you down. For every soured ham out there, there is hundreds of good hams. Now is a perfect time to get into radio. Solar cycle 25 is just kicking in. My advise is get the general and extra class so you can enjoy all that ham has to offer.

KX4O, KF5KWO and KD2WJP like this.
  2. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a new Delta variant that produces clogged arteries and a pleasant, almost euphoric sense of decadence and satisfaction.

K5WY and KD2WJP like this.
  3. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hit San Antonio a few years ago.
    When the first one opened, they had to
    employ police to direct traffic "in and out".
    Not so much now, hard to beat Mom & Pop
    Tex-Mex in these parts, for the same $$ or
    less for more food.
    Several national restaurant chains have come
    and gone here over the last decade or so.

KF5KWO and KD2WJP like this.
  4. KW4H

KW4H Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have my sympathy. I used to teach ham radio classes. One of the freshly-licensed newcomers showed up at a field day and was berated on the air by a deranged lunatic that somehow got a ham license. It's too bad that a sanity check isn't one of the requirements before being issued a license.

KD2WJP and AD5HR like this.
  5. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That should be a prerequisite for a lot of thing these days.

K6LPM and KD2WJP like this.
  6. K5ABB

K5ABB Ham Member QRZ Page

Over here in Thailand, "Short Time" means something entirely different...

N0NC, KX4O, KT4PH and 2 others like this.
  7. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, can't get Hatch green chile on an In-and-Out.

Seems like I remember they opened a couple stores in Tucson? That's a long way, I know, from your place for a GCCB.

8. KC5CSG

KC5CSG Ham Member QRZ Page

I use "breaker breaker" quite a bit on repeaters. I then give my old CB callsign followed by my callsign trying my best to imitate a trucker on meth. Sometimes I get some pretty good qso time from people who admire my nerve, other times the natives start beating the drums. Either way, it usually kicks up some noise on an otherwise silent repeater.

Stand in front of a mirror. Do a 180 and look over your shoulder. That bulbous lump at the top of your legs is there for a reason. To tell people to kiss it. Works for me. However, there's quite a few out there that secretly wish they can.

KY4GD likes this.
  9. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I remember that! When In/Out opened at Culebra/1604 on the west side, for weeks it was like that. I finally did try it, but was not impressed. Colleagues of mine who hailed from California also tried it and said it was NOT as good as the ones in California, that they changed something/did something wrong, etc. And you’re right — so many more mom and pop Tex-Mex here, like the Rodeo Mexican Grill (5 locations now?). Plus the local burger joints like Chesters and others, and the sole Culver’s location in town (which is a mostly midwestern chain) is tremendous. And you can’t beat Whataburger. There’s a great FB group called San Antonio Curbside Restaurants (?) that sprung up last year during the #coronapocalypse in which we would ask for and give recommendations, and many local burger joints are featured.

10. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

The best approach to what you're saying and what everyone could hear by oneself on the air is seems to be "¡Llamada general!" Actually I'm not joking here as this is obvious still graceful call to any station capable to maintain QSO in Spanish.