ad: MyAnt-1

Uploads to /P logbook going into main callsign logbook

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G4PWO, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:33 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. G4PWO

G4PWO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got a logbook for my main callsign, and a separate logbook for when I operate /P.

An attempt today to upload adif logs to my /P logbook just placed the QSOs in my main callsign logbook.

I tried it several times, and I'm sure I'm doing it correctly (uploading the adif to the settings page for "Current Logbook: G4PWO/P Logbook")

Any assistance understanding why my adif is not going into my /P logbook would be appreciated!

2. G4PWO

As an aside, I think the whole issue of logging /P contacts is a total can of worms - I find when I operate portable, some people log me as G4PWO/P and some people just log me as G4PWO. Unfortunately, this means that only about half the QSOs I log portable match on qrz.com and LoTW, which is unfortunate should they or I be seeking awards (especially since most of my DXing is done portable).

In my opinion, a far better way of handling /P, /M etc would be for these modifiers to be stored as an attribute of a logbook record, stored under the main callsign. That way - there would always be a QSO match under systems like qrz.com and LoTW. It would also be less messy for the operator, I don't really want to keep separate log files for /P, /M etc.

3. G4PWO

4. W1DQ

W1DQ QRZ Staff / Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Ensure you are in the G4PWO/P logbook before importing; there is no history of imports to it.
    Also check your ADIF file for the correct STATION_CALLSIGN field; see www.adif.org

5. G4PWO

I was definitely in the /P logbook, but I'll check the STATION_CALLSIGN field in the adif.

Many thanks!