Uploading from eQSL issue

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KE7NJ, Dec 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE7NJ

KE7NJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use QRZ.com as my primary logbook. However, I exchange information with LOTW and eQSL to send/receive confirmations. I've had zero issues with the LOTW upload/download process. However, I'm having issues importing a confirmed QSOs from eQSL using ADI import/export. QRZ says everything processed on the import of the ADI file, but QRZ is not showing the QSO confirmed. I verified that the critical fields (date, time, band, mode) are all the same.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ron
    KE7NJ

2. K3NAW

K3NAW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ accepts confirmations from QRZ and LOTW only.

3. KE7NJ

Wow... that's a bummer. Then not much use to import from other sources.

Thanks for the response.

Ron
    KE7NJ

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You're looking this all the wrong way.

It doesn't matter SQUAT what actual log you use. EXPORT TO ADIF THEN IMPORT. It's that simple. I use eQSL, LoTW, ClubLog and QRZ equally - I export to ADIF (*.ADI file extension) then import to the other platforms. I regularly "cross pollinate" this way so that all my preferred platforms are in sync. Should a new platform come along that also accepts ADIF files, I will simply import to that platform as well.

It's super easy. Been doing it for YEARS.

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KE7NJ

I don't understand. If QRZ doesn't accept eQSL's confirmation, then they will never be in sync. I have confirmed QSOs in eQSL that don't show confirmed in QRZ.

I know it's "easy", but not what I want.

Ron
    KE7NJ

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each logging system has its own confirmation rules. They are not necessarily identical. It's the system's choice.

QRZ requires that both parties be QRZ Logbook users wherein each party has entered its record of the QSO and that the following fields in each record match: callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. QRZ also provides credit for LoTW account confirmations.