upgrading to general..

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KD8JFO, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD8JFO

KD8JFO Ham Member QRZ Page

where can i get study materials free?

2. KF5HUM

KF5HUM Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just used hamtest online I think it was 19.95 for a two year subscription and it worked. This was after reading the ARRL study guide twice. It helped me remember the parts of the band plan etc. I combined that with the tests here on QRZ and passed on Sunday

5. AI4G

AI4G Ham Member QRZ Page

When my wife upgraded to general class, she used this guide. Also, check with your local public, high school, and college libraries. Often, amateur radio study materials can be found there.

Good luck!
    David

6. K9ASE

I will send you ARRL general class study guide if you are interested

7. KD8JFO

KD8JFO Ham Member QRZ Page

i am interested

8. K9ASE

9. AE7HF

AE7HF Ham Member QRZ Page

My wife just went from tech to general to extra in 1.5 months. She used www.aa9pw.com It tells you what chapters you need help on. You can download the complete question pool from ARRL also. Don't forget, qrz.com has some excellent study test exams on it too. Although I believe the tech pool is out of date still. Updated July 1st.
    I would call your local club, I'm sure you can find someone welling to donate some material or at least loan. Our club has a library of books. Use your local resources. Ham radio operators are known for helping out there neighbors. Hope this helps.
    Colin- AE7HF /arrl VE

10. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree

This is the one I used also. Very good layout and I thought easy to understand. I used it for my Tech, General and soon for my Extra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.