ad: elecraft

UPGRADE from IC-761 to WHAT ???

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KS2K, May 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W5IEI

W5IEI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Do yourself a favor amp wise,and get an Acom 1010,or 1000

2. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! The main thing is that you enjoy! I don’t see any reason to change my old Icom 756 pro3 until I have at least a few elements yagi from 40 to 6 meters...

3. KS2K

KS2K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would love to have a Acom or Kenwood TL-922, but way out of my fixed income budget being retired. I am hoping to find some ham wanting a Great Transceiver like the IC-761 and has a used amp to even trade.
    KS2K

4. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I recently drug out my ol Mk-V from it's hiding place under a bench, after some 10 years, now. The Orion II was DOA for days waiting for a battery. As I fired up the MK-V and made a couple of Q's on 40 CW I actually said out loud, "I had forgotten what a nice radio the MK-V is." Easy to operate, I like the sound, and lots of knobs (you can never have too many) The Orion is back on the #1 operating position again but I made room on my repair bench for the MK-V, dug up a spare amp for it, and hung a dedicated 20 meter dipole so I can use it now and then.
    Anyway, I'm looking at the 7610 versus the 101D as the new generation replacement for the #1 operating p;position. It isn't the money as much as knowing five minutes after I spend the money someone will announce the new, new generation radio (arrghhh)

5. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did your FT-2000 come with the AC0C roofing filter? https://www.ac0c.com/main/page_ft2k_roofing_filters_project_overview.html -- They are are not in production anymore, but if you can get your hand on one from what I have heard from loyal Yaesu owners in my contest circles it will really make a difference for the FT-2000.

Enjoy the new radios! I hope to work you later down in the log.

6. KS2K

KS2K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, the FT 2000 came with the roofing filter. I dont know at what point in its life the roofing filter was added. It is a exceptional radio, I am very happy with it.
    KS2K

7. KD1KU

KD1KU Ham Member QRZ Page

I know this is an older thread but I had to comment. I love my IC-761 with SM-8 mic. It's a great rig but the receive is getting weak making DX stations hard to work! I wish I could find someone that repairs old ICOMS on the east coast or I may be looking for a newer rig too.
    Enjoy your new rig!

73, Ken - KD1KU