Upgrade ETA?

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by N7TOX, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7TOX

N7TOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks on both!

I'm thrilled with the weight loss, even though I've been struggling the last couple weeks. I'll get past the rough spot, and head back down towards my goal. :)

*eyes the time* Anyone know what time of day they update the vanity callsigns on saturday? ;)

2. W5RB

W5RB Guest

N7TOX granted

Congrats on N7TOX . It's in ULS .

Russ , W5RB

3. N7TOX

Yeah, I just saw my old one was cancelled, and was in the process of looking up N7TOX. YAY.

4. W5RB

W5RB Guest

So , mind if I ask , what's all this toxicity about ?

5. N7TOX

That's a really good question. And one I don't have much of an answer for. At least, not a solid answer.

It starts 15 years ago, when I was in high school. My school had just set up an internet connection in the library that we could use. I got online, and discovered text based RPGs (MOOs and MUSHes specifically, for those who know about these things). I needed a name for my character. This is where it gets a bit fuzzy. I /somehow/ came up with 'Utoxin'. My best guess at this point is that it was a combination of Utah and Toxin. But I'm not sure. I honestly don't remember how I invented it. But I've been using it ever since. I'm the only person who has, as near as I can tell based on Google. I'm fairly proud of that fact. :)

6. N7TOX

To expand on my last post a little.

My vanity callsign is two in-jokes for the price of one:

N7 - A term from the Mass Effect games. From the wiki for the game: N7 is a vocational code in the Systems Alliance military. The 'N' designates special forces and the '7' refers to the highest level of proficiency

TOX - A reference to Utoxin. My friends often call me Toxie as a nickname, which is even closer to 'TOX'. So it made sense to me.

7. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Cool . I never did the game thing , so finer points are wasted on me . Anyway , now to change your various call-based stuff....looks like there's a brand new posting area just for that , right here in the "community " area . Enjoy .

8. N7TOX

I think I need to wait for the QRZ DB to pick up the new license first. Thanks though. :)

9. N7TOX

Yay. All taken care of and updated everywhere. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.