Upgrade ETA?

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by N7TOX, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Nah , your upgrade still has plenty of time to get done before your vanity app processes on the 12th . By about 2AM that Saturday , you should have the new call .

Russ , W5RB

2. N7TOX

N7TOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, cool. So my upgrade can slide right on through, despite the vanity app being in process? That's great news! Thanks for the info.

Also: Love the avatar.

3. N7TOX

Getting twitchy again, but doing my best to suppress it. My vanity is due this coming Saturday, so I'll wait until next Wednesday before I start raising a stink about my upgrade again, in case W5YI decided to hold it until the vanity processed.

4. KE6MZV

KE6MZV Ham Member QRZ Page

I was getting REAL twitchy! I took and passed the General test on 5/15. Today (6/7) it finally showed up in the ULS database. Hang in there. It's coming!

5. N7TOX

I know. :)

I'm normally quite patient, but man, I can barely contain myself on this. I don't know why I care so much, since I don't have the gear to /do/ anything with my license. But gosh darnit, I want it to say Extra!

6. N7TOX

WOOOOO! No more Alpha Echo for me!

Took a while due to paperwork delays, and an apparently busy time at W5YI central, but it's finally made it all the way to the FCC, and I'm official. :)

*does a happy Extra Class dance*

7. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

As a side note; When I upgraded it took 11 days for it to show on the zed so check with the fcc first. It took them about 6 days.

8. N7TOX

Yeah. I watch the ULS like a hawk. I've got my FCC license page bookmarked, and auto-notifications set up on another site that monitors the FCC license batches, just in case I somehow miss it. ;)

But it's all good to go. QRZ will pick it up soon, I'm sure. But I'm not worried about it. The fun part is going to be saturday when my vanity callsign gets approved. Then I have to get it switched here too. :)

9. N7TOX

Wow. QRZ already picked it up! That was faster than I expected. Less than 2 days until I become N7TOX!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  10. K5DE

K5DE Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on the Extra; you beat me by a day. :)

More impressive is the 37/100! Congrats on that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.