ad: BKQSL-1

Upgrade ETA?

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by N7TOX, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N7TOX

N7TOX Ham Member QRZ Page

I passed my upgrade to Extra on the 19th of May. How long should it take to actually register on my license in the ULS? I took the test through W5YI-VEC, if that makes any difference.

I'm trying very hard not to be impatient, but without knowing how long it should take, it's hard.

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Usually just a few days....I've seen it happen overnight, but don't count on it.

In ANY case it's still a lot better than waiting ALL SUMMER for your license to arrive like back in our dark ages. :)

3. N7TOX

Um. It's been more than 'just a few days'. 10 business days in fact, counting today. Should I be contacting someone to find out what the heck is going on?

4. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't need to wait for it to appear. You can tack on the suffix, and away you go!

In your case, KF7JLF/AE.

5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It shows being received by the FCC on 5/25, and current status is "pending". Looks like you're going to get a new vanity callsign, too.

Joe

6. N7TOX

That's just my vanity callsign, I think... unless I'm reading the data for it all wrong. I don't see anything on there about an Extra upgrade. Would I have screwed things up somehow by applying for my vanity before the upgrade hit? The vanities I applied for are available to general class, so they don't depend on the upgrade, so I figured it would be okay. Couldn't find anything saying otherwise on the FAQs I read.

And for the other reply: I know I can just call /AE (if I even owned a radio to use it on...), but I'm growing concerned that there's no sign of the upgrade coming through yet.

7. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Generally , it's better to time the two events where they don't overlap . There's a box to check on the 605 if you have "other pending applications " . At this point , it wouldn't hurt to contact your local team and let them know that the situation exists . Either way , they'll figure it out . Do you know other examinees from the same session ? You might ask them if they've seen action yet from their apps .

8. N7TOX

I've contacted W5YI-VEC to find out what's going on. I didn't realize at the time that it was a no-no to overlap stuff like that, so hopefully no permanent harm done.

9. N7TOX

*twitches* W5YI-VEC hasn't received the mail packet for that session yet. Emailing my local organizer to find out what the holdup is.

10. N7TOX

Mystery solved. Local organizer had some problems with the paperwork (not mine, apparently) and was late getting it submitted. He said it should get processed sometime this week. Probably be delayed until the vanity application clears, if I understand things properly now, but that's alright. As long as I know where I stand. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.