ad: elecraft

Updating the operator name within Latin alphabet letters

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by TA2BGH, Feb 23, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. TA2BGH

TA2BGH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    Before I start let me say it first. I'm entirely new to this hobby. So please feel free to let me know if you see any mistake. I would appreciate your help.
    This is TA2BGH, Op. Erdinç from Eskişehir, Turkey. Locator: KM59gs

I am having problems with my QRZ.com account. I just couldn't get out of it myself and I would like to ask you guys for help. I hope you can help me.

My first problem is about my full name. Since there is a special Turkish letter (Erdinç, "ç", its pronunciation is like ch in chocolate) in my middle name, the letter "Ç" appears in the logbook records in a meaningless character like "ç" which is annoying. And I would like to update it with Latin alphabet letters. (from ç to c) I tried updating it myself but I still have the same problem in logbook unfortunately. Can someone from the qrz.com team help me with this?

The latter one is kinda same. Although I write a 6-character locator (KM59gs) to the my account but 8-character locator (KM59gs44) appears in the logbook. Also that's not correct. I don't want it to be like this. What can I do for it? I want to use it like KM59gs only, not with extra characters.

Thank you for sharing your valuable time for me.

Regards,

de TA2BGH
    73!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. EB1BSV

EB1BSV QRZ Lifetime Member #59 Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

3. TA2BGH

Hello Julio! Nice to meet you too!
    Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm so sorry for posting in wrong forum. I'm doing it right now.
    73!

4. TA2BGH

moved

5. TA2BGH

I'm sorry I did it but I guess they are auto-merged in same post also in wrong forum.

Anyways I managed it to post it now.

Thank you! Have a good day.
    73!

6. EB1BSV

EB1BSV QRZ Lifetime Member #59 Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You are welcome

73, Julio