ad: w5yi

Updated Tailgater, Forsyth, Ga. Hosted by W8JI.

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, May 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well Fleep, I am sorry I did not get to shake paws with you or your brother. Perhaps next time. I had a constant stream of folks interested in my "crusty" anchors. Had a nice eyeball QSO with Tom. The event was very well-attended, some of the tailgating was in overflow space.

I made significant progress with the herd-thinning project, liberating some Collins, Dentron, Hallicrafters, Heath (NIB unassembled as well as finished products), Meissner, National, and RME. My SUV had much better acceleration performance on the way home, although the Heath probably made little difference, as it had no solder ballast within.

It was a fine day. I usually define "fine" as a fest whereby I at least recover my gas money. So, in retrospect, this was an UltraFine day! The Forsyth tailgate is definitely on my calendar again next year! 20210522_115425.jpg 20210522_115625.jpg

K5UJ likes this.
  2. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

You may have seen me. I was wearing a pith helmet. My bro KK4TVR was wearing a silly sombrero. And I walked by your table and looked at your stuff. Earlier posting on this thread...

"I'm just going to shake paws. I don't need any more radio gear. I'll be wearing my stupid pith helmet."

3. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

No, sorry I did not see you. Next time, please take a moment to introduce yourself and your brother......

Meeting AMers is more important than selling junk!

By the way, in the photo I posted, that's W8JI in the blue plaid shirt.

4. KA4KOE

Callsign didn't ring a bell. Sorry man. There will be other opportunities. It was hot in that parking lot.

5. N4CKC

N4CKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Man this is right up the road from me and I would have loved to attend! But alas, you snooze you lose. Didn't this until just now... Maybe I'll catch the next one!

6. NE2I

NE2I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

those tables must be pretty strong! Looks like a good time.

7. KA4KOE

Eric and I know Tom. Been to his place. I didn't write down callsigns so no idea it was you. Sorry!