Updated Tailgater, Forsyth, Ga. Hosted by W8JI.

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, May 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh man, I wanted to go to that and then go up to Asheville and see my sister.

Problem is I am now committed until the end of the month.

Pheel

3. KA4KOE

Involuntarily? :)

4. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep. Finals, grading papers, posting grades into the (not so easy to use) database, and attending graduation ceremonies.

Please give my regards to the host(s).

Pheel

5. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

That caused me to miss Dayton for four years in a row. First year, it coincided with my daughter's graduation. That's when they moved the date to mid-May, to coincide with the end of the last week of school where I was teaching. The end of the week and that Friday, the last day of the term, make the ONE time of the year when you can't afford take off no matter what, as long as you are still breathing. Get all the final grades verified and posted, tie up loose ends, secure your stuff for the summer, and attend graduation ceremonies.

I could have left Friday afternoon and made it to HARA in time for Saturday, but never bothered because if you miss the first day, the goodies have already been picked over and most of the unobtanium is long gone by the time you arrive Saturday.

Finally, for a couple of years before I retired, due to quirks in the calendar I was able to attend, and after that it ceased to be a problem.

6. KA4KOE

Update on Tailgater, Forsyth, Ga, 22 May 21, hosted by Tom Rauch W8JI...just got off the telephone with Tom. Don't get there early. Tom tells me the gates won't open until 9-10 AM.

7. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update, Fleep. I plan to be there with a "boat" load of stuff..... some of it very heavy. Quite a collection of classics. My herd is in dire need of thinning!

8. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

I might even bring a couple NIB (new in box) UNASSEMBLED Heathkits!

9. KA4KOE

I'm just going to shake paws. I don't need any more radio gear. I'll be wearing my stupid pith helmet.

10. KA4KOE

My bro KK4TVR will be with me.