ad: cq2k-1

Upcoming ham radio cruise from Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KA2TOC, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KA2TOC

KA2TOC Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are interested in combining a 5-day cruise vacation with ham radio, please join my guests and I on our ham radio cruise.

We will be sailing from Tampa aboard the M/S Jubilee. Our ports of call include Cozumel, Mexico and Grand Cayman.

Our preliminary plans are to operate hf and vhf/uhf satellite. We should be able to activate some rare maritime grid squares.

Of course, you don't need to be a licensed ham radio operator to join us. It's just one activity that's available. Everyone is invited to go. There are no shortage of fun activities to do on the cruise.

If you've never been on a cruise before, it's a great deal of fun (I went on 3 cruises last year). You'll also be able to share your experience aboard with fellow hams. If you
    want to go, but are traveling by yourself, we should be able to match up people who need roommates.

This cruise will depart from Tampa at 4:00 PM on Saturday, 6/15/02, and return on Thursday,
    6/20/02 at 8:00 AM (just in time for field day weekend).

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail, or contact our travel agent, Michele Case. I hope this e-mail doesn't sound like a commercial. This isn't a commercial venture, but rather a bunch of friends who like to go cruising together.

We had a great time last year, and hope to have even more people this year.

My e-mail address is:

ka2toc@danmc.org

To contact out travel agent with questions or to make a reservation:

michelescruises@cfl.rr.com

My cruise page is located at:

http://www.danmc.org/cruise.html

73 de Dan, ka2toc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.