up to date digital mode chart/s

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KA1BSZ, Nov 10, 2019 at 4:05 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There are various charts,sheets, information on when and where,what freq PSK,OLIVIA,FT8,ETC,ETC. is/are located. I would like to know where all the 30 meter psk operators are. where are the 80 meter digital operators? And other digital modes. Is the international DX PSK freq 7.035 khz???? and 17 meters are they all?

2. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Nearly all non-FT8 digital modes are dead. I believe there is still some PSK31 being done by a few people.

FT8 frequencies:
    1.840, 3.573, 7.074, 10.136, 14.074, 18.100...

3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I asked this same question a year ago..... and since that time I've discovered that non-FT8 modes are far from dead. I make QSO's almost daily on PSK-31, RTTY, and / or Olivia. When condtions are good, the waterfall really lights up right after sunset.

So.... here is what I Know about frequencies:
    80m- don't know. I've not spent any meaningful time there
    40m- The US crowd hangs around 7040 to 7041. There, you will see RTTY, BPSK-31, and Olivia. For European DX's, 7030.15 to 7031 seems to be best..... but only if conditions are good. The other frequncy to check is 7070.
    20m- seems to be a shot in the dark there. I've seem some digital activity there, but it seems to be hit-or-miss
    abouve 20m.... as soon as the band conditions improve, and the bands open I'll be looking there.

Personally, I like psk-31 best. It is far more conversational mode than FT-8, and seems to travel quite well. For software, Ham Radio Delux works well.

KY1K likes this.
  4. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

5. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

PSK31 is not dead. 20 meters actually had a crowd - well a 2019 crowd anyway, 4 different QSOs going.

6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what happens when you have a plethora of modes.
    I attempted digital modes. Had some fun. My first foray was into PSK-31. It was very hot for a week or two. Had quite a few contacts with others new to PSK-31. It went dead in a hurry but I could see where all the activity was migrating to. I don't like chasing every new mode that comes along. So goodbye Digital! All it succeeded in doing was upsetting my CW speed progress.

7. KA1BSZ

olivia,contestia,rtty,dominoes,thor,thorb,mt 63,and few other are very much alive and in use.

8. KA1BSZ

to update to everyone here. I DO use psk 31 ,contesia 8/250,8/500,16/500; olivia same as the previous,sometimes mfsk 16, I downloaded the new program JS8 and that mode is awesome!

9. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

In case anyone hasn't heard, JS8Call 2.0.0-rc3 now has a fast and turbo mode in addition to the normal mode.