ad: ARR

unwanted comments

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WY4A, Jun 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WY4A

WY4A Ham Member QRZ Page

lately I have seen a LOT of unwanted / negative comments not only on my posts but on others .why don't they e mail the seller direct and tell them. some people ask what is the price when its clearly stated in their ad . I just had a ham post a VERY negative comment on one of my posts he did NOT understand that I was trying to sell a bird wattmeter for 135 PLUS a 40 dollar case he called it a BAIT AND SWITCH which was not the case and posted it as so I AM AN HONEST SELLER !!! thanks to the wonderful moderators on what they do if the comments would be directed to the seller and not posted on Qrz it would make life easier on ALL .SEEMS LIKE IF THEY DONT WANT TO BUY IT THEY WANT TO RUIN THE SELLERS REPUTATION Pedro Wy4a

N3AB likes this.
  2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

You made no mention of the case at all and there were no pictures of it in your ad so that can easily lead to confusion if you tell the guy who wants it he can only buy it if he buys both.Then there you have a problem!

If you later just mention that you also have a case for sale IF he wants one then he is not under any obligation to pay extra for it or buy it.

It's best to make things very clear in the ad just what you are trying to sell.

In any event those replies are removed from the swap meet forum as soon as the moderators are aware of it. In the other forums such as the scams or hams to hams (feedback) forum you are much more on your own.

AG5DB and KA9JLM like this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Report the post and it will be taken care of.

WY4A and N3AB like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The only problem that I see, You sold your Bird to cheap.

Looks like you sold it. :)

Only Trolls think about BAIT AND SWITCH.

WY4A likes this.
  5. WY4A

WY4A Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand .the ad was for the wattmeter only ,the case was for sale on qth, he asked if I had other accessories on the direct e mail and I said yes. indeed he was confused but I clarified it twice then he posted the comment which I did not think was correct for him to do I will take your advice thanks

6. WY4A

WY4A Ham Member QRZ Page

I did already and it was I did sell the bird