ad: chuckmartin

Unsolicited QRZCQ Invite

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KR6AUL, Jun 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw in another post that people got this invite. As I have not inquired about this, I was about to sign up and looked up the call sign. It might be legit but worth signing up? With all the scams out there, I do not want to be taken. Any thoughts?

QRZCQ - The database for radio hams

DO5SSB has invited you to join QRZCQ.com

Hello KR6AUL!

You are receiving this email because DO5SSB has invited you
    to join QRZCQ.com - The database for radio hams.

We have currently 126900+ users on the site!

If you want to join QRZCQ.com you can finish the process by this link:

{Link retracted}

This private invitation will only remain valid for the next 30 days.

If you do not like this invitation, simply ignore this email.

--
    The QRZCQ Team

Forgot your QRZCQ password? Get instructions on how to reset it.
    You can also unsubscribe from these emails or change your notification settings.
    Need help or like to report a problem?
    Sent by QRZCQ GbR, Web: www.qrzcq.com, Email: contact@qrzcq.com

2. AE7RZ

AE7RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a legitimate ham radio site from Germany. They are harmless although some here claim they plagiarized this site. I don't see it that way.
    Anyway it does say if you do not like this invite to simply ignore it.

3. KM4ZCU

KM4ZCU Ham Member QRZ Page

It is certainly NOT a legitimate ham radio site. They've fooled a lot of people. They are a data mining operation, and their technical support will show you just how rude, horrible, and self-serving they really are. If you don't believe that, go ahead and sign up, but you do so at your own RISK!

KN7S likes this.
  4. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recall going there once in the past, when I did a google search on my own call sign, and discovering that they were using my QRZ.com photos. I never signed up there, so it was something of a surprise. I checked just now, and I see none of my photos there anymore.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just add them to your spam filter and move along. I did that years ago and haven't heard squat since

Dave
    W7UUU

KN7S likes this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Well...something like that.

7. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, as I saw this on my entry page:
    This means they've pulled that data from THIS SITE!

8. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps...but I'm specifically referring to the QSL via [LoTW] data...I don't have that information posted anywhere else; but here on QRZ.com.

10. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not necessarily so. The full list of users using LoTW is available from this source: http://www.hb9bza.net/lotw-users-list and the ARRL itself. I am sure I saw my QRZ photo on there in the past, and I never gave it to them, so they must have lifted it from here. They apparently have stopped doing this.