Unsolicited mail again - NE3K

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB7AK, Oct 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB7AK

KB7AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This guy offers a Buddipole Deluxe. He uses the same text and pictures from an Ad here in QRZ posted by KK4TXZ in October 2018.

He tries to impersonate NE3K

2. N4VXX

N4VXX Ham Member QRZ Page

hamne3k@gmail.com posing as NE3K - this person is looking for email addresses in posted replies and attempting to make contact in order to RIP US OFF

If you check NE3K qrz - he has posted a warning about this

Below is a email reply to an ICOM IC-718 that is for sale by KB3DHZ

Geoffrey D Burns <hamne3k@gmail.com>
    [​IMG]9:50 AM (19 minutes ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

I have this at's a used radio fully working and has new buttons and new cables installed, Has new RF/SQL pot installed has a power cord and had mic. 100W.
    • USB, LSB, CW, RTTY(FSK) and AM modes are built-in
    • Level adjustable noise blanker
    • RF attenuator and Pre-amplifier
    • Variety of scanning function types
    • Total 101 memory channels are available
    • $320 or best offer
    • Paypal preferred.
    • thanks and regards
    NE3K Burns

3. KC0OYA

KC0OYA Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy posing as NE3K has ripped me off for $215.00, after posting a question I got a surprise Email offering me the Yaesu FT-1DR with lots of goodies, even had pictures for the $215.00, he said he would accept PayPal so I paid him and now he has vanished, I have filed a claim with PayPal so I am covered but be aware of this guy as he is a thief.

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you look up NE3K on QRZ? He already has a disclaimer regarding this. Do your due diligence before making a purchase.

AC0OB, K3XR and KA2CDT like this.
  5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Always delete unsolicited e-mail without opening it. Scams are meant to be tempting. People that have replied to the unsolicited e-mail message have made the first mistake, the reply has verified your e-mail address to the scamer.

Always delete the message without opening it.

KJ4VTH, K3XR and WB0MPB like this.