ad: GNOHF-1

Universal VHF/UHF Radio Programmer Kit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AB0RE, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB0RE

AB0RE Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings! For sale is a universal VHF/UHF radio programmer package. I've used this programming kit to program my Icom IC-2200H, Icom IC-F221 (commercial), Kenwood TH-F6A, Kenwood TH-G71A, Kenwood TM-271A, and Yaesu FT-1802M. The secondary programmer will handle Yaesu/Vertex HTs.

What many don't realize is that most radios require only a simple level conversion circuit and the correct radio-side plug pin-out to be programmed. Some manufacturers use a 2-pin system, puttting the read/write on one pin and the ground on another. Other manufacturers use a 3-pin system, putting the read and write on their own pins, plus a third pin for ground. My universal programmer uses an ADM233 chip to manage the level conversion, and has a front-panel switch to set the programmer to either a 2-pin or 3-pin design. The output is a DB9 connector with pin 1 being "TRANSMIT DATA to radio", pin 3 being "RECEIVE DATA from radio" or "BI-DIRECTIONAL", in the case of a 2-pin system, and pin 5 being "Ground". Having a readily-available serial connector on the output will allow you to make your own adaptor cable for any other radios you may have. Pin-outs for many radios can be found at: http://www.cqham.ru/uniprog2_eng.html. If you'd like a schematic of my programming cable, please email me and I will send it to you.

Programming software is available free at Kenwood's website. Some VX-Series programming software is freeware, other VX-series software can be had for a minimal fee ($18) at www.g4hfq.co.uk (Great software!). Icom software is available for purchase from your ham radio dealer, or can be found online sometimes, too.

Output/Adaptor cables are as follows:
    -Icom Amateur HT/Mobile (OPC-478 equivalent)
    -Icom LMR/Commercial (OPC-1122 equivalent)
    -Kenwood Amateur HT (PG-4Y Equivalent)
    -Kenwood Mobile (PG-5D Equivalent)
    -Yaesu 6-pin modular (for FT-1802M & FT-2800M)

Yaesu's HTs were a little fussy with the above programmer, so I'm including a SECOND programmer, based on the G4TIC design, which can be found at: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/download/g4tic.pdf (Note: This programmer is pictured at the lower-right). The output connector is the Yaesu 4-pin 3.5MM connector. Ring 1 is bi-directional DATA and Sleeve is GROUND. I've used this programmer with the VX-150 and VX-3R with great results, so I'm sure it will work with any VX-series HT.

I've put a LOT of work into these couple programmers but they are excess to my needs. I'm willing to let both of the programmers go for $35 plus $5 towards shipping. I accept PayPal, Check, or Money Order. If interested please email me at my call at yahoo.com or contact me via telephone at 507-829-5018. (Note: I do not check the message boards frequently for replies so your best bet is to call or email. Thanks)

Thanks & 73,
    Dan / ab0re

2. W9DMW

W9DMW Ham Member QRZ Page

3. AB0RE

AB0RE Ham Member QRZ Page

SOLD, THANKS!

SOLD, THANKS! (To W**U)

4. IW2ODL

IW2ODL Guest

Programming f110 ICOM

I have a questiong inee dto program a f110 icom I have the F100 software but I only have the opc 478 for my f15.

Now he question is if it is possible to connect the F110 to the opc 478 using a diffent wiring of the opc478 pin through a rj45 copnnector ???

many thx

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.