ad: ProAudio-1

Universal Radio Closing: Retirement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KA0HCP, Nov 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD1KU

KD1KU Ham Member QRZ Page

I've purchased several items over the years and both Fred & Barbara have been wonderful all the time. Not to mention all those kitty's including my little Shelby who is no longer little anymore! Enjoy retirement... you've earned it!
    73 for now

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered from Universal a couple items back when I first started..

Ordered some RG-8x a few days ago at a good price. 50 ft for about $32 shipped...
    I'll miss them.
    Too bad somebody didn't offer to buy the company, instead of closing down.
    one less Ham resource going toes up...
    Even as I wish them a Happy retirement, I can't help but wonder "Who's Next"....

3. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck, stay healthy, and enjoy a well deserved retirement... you have served our community with professional quality service. Your receiver book is a classic. Thank both of you..

4. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

As I have mentioned, instead of closing the business, why not sell the business to someone else to keep the service to the amateur and short wave listener community.

NQ1B and WD8BP like this.
  5. N7ML

N7ML Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, you and Barbara have earned a great retirement. You must be the last of all the original fine dealers George and I (AEA) had over the years. 73 and hope to CU on FT8 now that you have time to enjoy the hobby again. I feel the thrill like a new novice again after a 20 year absence and hope you can do the same. 73, Mike Lamb, N7ML

6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

The RG-8x should be here any day now......